Tuesday, November 11, 2008

growing up is a choice



there comes a time when one realizes that she has evolved. and i'm no longer this cute little girl despite what others would say about my height. ^.^ i've evolved into a tiny beautiful lady (ayaw na palag please). what this entry contains is something what a debutante would say but knowing that i'm a late bloomer, it's about time that i say something like this.

i've been thought of as a twelve or thirteen year old by both types of people; the ones who know me well and by those who hardly know me. it's because of the height they say. but as they expound on it, they reveal other facts about me. with my tiny voice, expressions, and actions, it's not difficult to mistake me for a very young girl who's just clueless about the world. this influences how they treat me and as always, they call me the baby.

but for almost a year now, i surrounded myself with people who have just really grown up and have taught me a thing or two about growing up. sure, they're men and unlike the other men in my life, i get the feeling that they actually want me to grow up and not be the 'annoying' baby they love to make fun of.

growing up is a choice and i've began to grow up with these guys. they made me see that i should really leave behind the cuteness and just embrace the beauty of being a twenty year old. nyahaha. in many ways, i owe you for many things and you should know that i'm thankful.

i'm turning the page now, you'll begin to see a new me. a grown-up chin. hehehe

No comments: